[gmx-developers] Building GROMACS 5.1/2016 with OpenCL on NVIDA CUDA 6

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:27:39 CEST 2016

> clEnqueueWaitForEvents has been changed to  clEnqueueBarrierWithWaitList in
> OpenCL 1.2, but we do have both cases handled:
> http://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/repository/revisions/release-5-1/entry/src/gromacs/mdlib/nbnxn_ocl/nbnxn_ocl.cpp#L329
>
> So AFAICT you could be using a header that's OpenCL 1.2, but the old
> libOpenCL.so from NVIDIA.

Indeed [1], and this affects all the users of Debian 8 that use the
packaged CUDA.

Can I somehow force OpenCL 1.1 to be used, i.e. forcefully undefine
CL_VERSION_1_2? I tried -U parameter but this does not work [2].

Regards,
Vedran

[1] https://packages.debian.org/jessie/opencl-headers
[2] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1978155/how-to-undefine-a-define-at-commandline-using-gcc