[gmx-developers] plans for beta phase

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 07:32:23 CET 2017

Hi,

Update: I've been wrestling multiple infrastructure problems most of the
day; chiefly that bs_nix-amd decided to stop behaving reasonably for
reasons unknown.

The proposed gromacs-2018-beta2 tarball failed some of the pme unit tests
with icc 18 in double on bs_mic (
http://jenkins.gromacs.org/job/Release_workflow_master/123/execution/node/88/log/?consoleFull),
so I propose that we ask Aleksei to reconsider some of those tolerance
changes, and I'll ship the beta whenever that's sorted. I'll be available
to do that in 12+ hours time, which hopefully can line up well.

If there's other fixes on release-2018 ready to submit, please go right
ahead, I'll rebase the version-bump commit on that when we have the above
handled.

Thanks!

Mark