[gmx-developers] master post-submit breakage

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 16:05:18 CEST 2017

Hi,

Relevant are that we have had some recent fixes for ARM, and some more
sensitivity for SIMD tests, and some changed maths implementations, and
maybe the merges from release-2016. The last reported successful build (and
its neighbours in the commit history) does not suggest anything to me
(neither releng history), but we have had several issues leading to
failures in post-submit, and some of them were happening at the same time.

Policy is that if we identify what patch caused an issue and there's no fix
available, then we will revert so that we don't get into the
multiple-failures quagmire. However that means we need people to be
vigilant about fixing issues in their code, and reviewing those fixes. Some
email alerts would be good, but I haven't seen any. Please see what you
find!

Mark