[gmx-developers] GROMACS Developer bi-weekly videoconference

Eric Irrgang ericirrgang at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:40:36 CET 2022

Hi Devs.

In the Zoom call today, there were some important clarifications offered about how issues should be annotated to indicate the extent to which they are being actively worked on.

I have tried to record the feedback from Erik and Paul. Please see the commit https://gitlab.com/gromacs/gromacs/-/merge_requests/2591/diffs?commit_id=1dc4a3cdbfbebc1fcbc1310c079010404348a0f8 from MR https://gitlab.com/gromacs/gromacs/-/merge_requests/2591

Two states and their annotations were defined:
* "assign" an issue if you are willing to help coordinate an issue
* Target an issue to a specific Milestone to mean that resources have been allocated and work is planned or underway.

There is a missing state between these two, though, that wasn't discussed.

What is the way to indicate that a proposed change has been "accepted" as something that the team would like to include in gromacs? In other words, how do we provide feedback that the assignee _should_ find reviewers and allocate effort (that would then warrant targeting an issue to a particular milestone)?

Best,
Eric