[gmx-developers] GROMACS Developer bi-weekly videoconference

Erik Lindahl erik.lindahl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:58:02 CET 2022

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 6:40 PM Eric Irrgang <ericirrgang at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a missing state between these two, though, that wasn't discussed.
>
> What is the way to indicate that a proposed change has been "accepted" as
> something that the team would like to include in gromacs? In other words,
> how do we provide feedback that the assignee _should_ find reviewers and
> allocate effort (that would then warrant targeting an issue to a particular
> milestone)?

I think that's (partly) intentional - the problem is that we've had far too
many issues stuck in that state forever ( important or not-so-important).

My preference is that in the future we should try to be fairly aggressive
and within a week or two of an issue being opened decide if we are going to
work on it (meaning people responsible for prioritizing resources - e.g.
Paul for Stockholm - consider it higher priority than other issues), or
we'll have to accept that it's not going to get worked on any time soon,
and then we don't keep it open.

Cheers,

Erik

--
Erik Lindahl <erik.lindahl at dbb.su.se>
Professor of Biophysics, Dept. Biochemistry & Biophysics, Stockholm

Note: I frequently do email outside office hours because it is a convenient
time for me to write, but please do not interpret that as an expectation
for you to respond outside your work hours.