[gmx-users] binutils

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 20 18:46:55 CET 2002

Milton Taidi Sonoda wrote:

> Hi all
> I'm a new on Gromacs.
> I tried to install it in my FreeBSD 4.3 system
> and the configure script complained about
> the version of my binutils (v. 2.9). I've downloaded
> and installed the binutils package (v. 2.10) avaiable on the
> Gromacs webpage, and tried to run the configure
> again, but it still complains about binutils' version.
> Could anyone help me.

Hi,

Make sure that your new 'as' command is the first one in your path. Type
'as --version' and check! The most probable problem is that you have the
old version in /usr/bin, and /usr/local/bin comes later in your path
variable. Add /usr/local/bin to the beginning of the path and it should
work.

On the other hand, I don't think *BSD supports SSE instructions in the
kernel yet, and in that case you might as well disable the x86 assembly
loops.

Cheers,

Erik