[gmx-users] binutils

Milton Taidi Sonoda msonoda at iqm.unicamp.br
Thu Feb 21 12:58:08 CET 2002

Thank you Erik Lindahl and Peter Tieleman
for the sugestions about binutils.
I've tried to do what you have recommended,
to change the path order, but it doesn't work.
Insted I solved the problem changing the
configure file in the line 4995. This is what I
have done:
original line
if { ac_try='$CC -c conftest.s'
my file
if { ac_try='/usr/local/bin/as conftest.s'
Which is exactly what you have recomended
but in a diferent way. I don't why it didn't work
in the first time. Maybe because the as doesn't
like the -c option.

Now I have a diferent problem. When I tried to
run the make, it spits the following error messege
/tmp/ccOHiepv.s: Assembler messages:

and this one a lot of times with diferent number 102
/tmp/ccOHiepv.s:102: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `movups'

and at the end this one
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/gromacs/src/gmxlib.
*** Error code 1