[gmx-users] GROMACS on Mandrake

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 5 21:53:24 CEST 2002

Dmitry Kovalsky wrote:
> Hi there
> Does anybidy installed gromacs-mpi rpm's on Mandrake Linux?
>
> Firstly I used ALT linux (it is Russian Mandrake) and my cluster
> (4x2cpuAthlons) in few minutes hanged up without any log and warnings. After
> changing to usual Mandrake all the problems disappeared when I tried to run at
> one node. We believed that it was in kernel problem. But when I used 4 nodes
> the main machine hangs up again.
>
> Does it have sense to rebuild gromacs for Mandrake?

Yes, unfortunately you might have to rebuilt it on anything but redhat.
Redhat decided to go incompatible with all other distributions for the
7.x releases (they are using their own beta of gcc 3). These
incompatibility problems should be over in a couple of months when
redhat 8.0 appears using
gcc 3.2.

Cheers,

Erik