[gmx-users] Question

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 28 21:32:01 CET 2003

Hi Yanan,

> I was using 2.57 version, but I met this error
>
> aclocal.m4:46: error: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is required
> aclocal.m4:46: the top level
>
> Can I know why?

This is mentioned in the developer FAQ at

http://www.gromacs.org/developer/developer_faq.php

Your problem is almost certainly that you are still running the old
version of automake/autoconf. Check it with the --version flag to the
programs.

You must either install the new versions in the same place as the old
one, or make sure the newer one comes first in your path.

Cheers,

Erik

> ------
Erik Lindahl, MSc, PhD     <lindahl at stanford.edu>
D109, Fairchild Building
Dept. Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine
Tel. 650-7250754    Fax. 650-7238464