[gmx-users] Demo

Nagy, Peter I. PNAGY at UTNet.UToledo.Edu
Fri May 2 18:10:01 CEST 2003

To Whom It May Concern:

      Recently we have downloaded the GROMACS binary software to an SGI Indigo2 workstation working at the Dept. Medicinal and Biological Chemistry, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, 43606, USA. The machine works under the operation system Unix 6.5.8 at this moment (to be updated soon) with 192 MB memory and 9 GB disc-space, with about half of them empty.
      The download has been done seemingly succesfully. We have changed the
PATH and started the demo. The pdb2gmx command was completed, the screen showed:

  First line:    Read 108 atoms
     .
     .
  Last line:  Now there are 13 residues with 143 atoms

and a message was obtained: pdb2gmx finished

Then we were promted:Press <enter> After having done it, the message was:

  The output of the genbox program should appear
  Unmatched "

Please, help us to fix the problem and letting us to continue the demo.

                                         Sincerely yours

                                         Peter I. Nagy
                                         reserch Professor
                                    e-mail: pnagy at utnet.utoledo.edu