[gmx-users] PME accuracy

Jason DeJoannis jdejoan at emory.edu
Wed May 7 22:46:01 CEST 2003

I think you mean the other way around. In other
words alpha (the Ewald parameter) is chosen from:

  ewald_rtol  = erfc(alpha*rcoulomb)

The manual was kind of vague about that. For Ewald
simulations it would be more useful to select alpha from
the condition that the real-space and Fourier-space
have the same level of error... but as most people
use PME that's just a detail.

Thanks!

   -Jason

---