[gmx-users] cutt offs

Eric Jakobsson jake at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 27 21:50:01 CET 2004

It seems to me that there are no single Lennard Jones spheres that size in
nature.  I think part of the difficulty of the doing the calculation is
that it is inherently not physical.  Perhaps, since such a large
Lennard-Jones sphere implies a continuum model for the material inside the
sphere, it might be better to do a continuum model of the water as
well.  If you did smaller spheres with explicit waters, that would be more
physical---like a blob of methane molecules, for example.

Eric