[gmx-users] lam-mpi question

aneamtu at iasi.mednet.ro aneamtu at iasi.mednet.ro
Sun Jul 18 13:40:40 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am new to using lam-mpi environment so my question
may appear stupid.

I installed the lam environment (7.0.6) on two pc-s
under SuSe 9.1.
I configured ssh to have full access without needing
to supply a password from one of the computers.
When I invoke for example:
~>ssh 193.231.28.2
I can connect to the other computer with no problem.
I can even give the command:
~>lamboot
with success when I am connected.

But when I try to :
~>lamboot -v ~/nodesfile
where nodesfile is the file that describes the set of
nodes where I want to start lamboot, the above command
stops with the message:
-----
bash: line 1: hboot: command not found
-----
-----

When I try for example:
~>ssh 193.231.28.2 -n tkill -v
the answer is:

bash: line 1: tkill: command not found

but if I first connect through ssh and after that
issue tkill -v command, it works.

I tried to make it run but .. no solution to this
problem.
Does anyone can help with an advice?
Thank you in advance,
Andrei