[gmx-users] Compiling on Opteron

Pierfrancesco Zuccato p.zuccato at exadron.com
Tue Jul 20 11:07:59 CEST 2004

If you use SuSE 9.1 prof. you find a 64 bit precompiled version of FFTW
(also for MPI) and all the relevant pieces of code.
However, I suppose that you cannot use the binary RPMs on your distribution.
I would suggest to try using the source RPMs (which I imagine you can
download from SuSE) and rebuilding them.
With SuSE I was able to compile Gromacs quite trivially on my machines.
For the time beign, I've had no time to optimize the flags, etc. but it
seems to work fine, albeit a little slow. I'm sure that it can perform
much better with a little of work.
I'm currently setting up a cluster, but as soon as I finish this task,
I'll go back on Gromacs on the Opteron.
Pier