[gmx-users] question about g_sas

neda mirsamadi nedamirsamadi at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 18:13:27 CEST 2004

Dear gmx-users
I am trying to calculate surface accessible area using
g_sas.
1. what is the unit of surface accessible area ? what
does yaxis  label "Area (nm\S2\N)" mean? what are S2
and N here?
2. If I index a particular residue and calculate SAS
for that residue, does program take the residue as a
single residue in vacuo and calculates SAS or it
calculates SAS only for those parts of the residue
which are not buried and are actually exposed to
solvent?
Thanks
NEDA