[gmx-users] multiple backups

Bert de Groot bgroot at gwdg.de
Tue Jul 27 14:26:06 CEST 2004

Berk Hess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know what the Gromacs users think of multiple backups.

personally, I can live with them, but it would be nice if with e.g. an environment variable
one could switch back to the old, one backup only, behaviour. This environment variable
could optionally be defined  in the GMXRC file. I would probably favour a secure default value,
ie multiple backups enabled.

Bert

Dr. Bert de Groot

Computational biomolecular dynamics group
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen, Germany

tel: +49-551-2012308, fax: +49-551-2012302

email: bgroot at gwdg.de
http://www.mpibpc.gwdg.de/abteilungen/073