[gmx-users] Re: Compiling Gromacs 3.2.1 on IBM p690+ Power4

Sekwan Oh ohsk75 at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 30 21:16:44 CEST 2004

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the kind tips which is of great help.

I followed Fiona's advice in installing Gromacs on IBM power4 machine and
the 'configuration part' went smoothly.
However, I faced several problems when doing 'make install' such as

>  "/usr/include/macros.h", line 30.10: 1506-236 (W) Macro name abs has
> been redefined.
>  "/usr/include/macros.h", line 30.10: 1506-358 (I) "abs" is defined on
> line 372 of /usr/include/stdlib.h.
and
> "/usr/include/Xm/Xm.h", line 42.10: 1506-296 (S) #include file
> <X11/extensions/Print.h> not found.
> "/usr/include/Xm/Xm.h", line 750.5: 1506-046 (S) Syntax error.

,which Pim reported this and showed his solutions about a month ago @:

http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2004-June/010837.html

Therefore, I followed Pim's advice from the link above and installation
was completed without any fatal errors other than bunch of repeated
messages as follows:

> "innerf.f", 1500-036 (I) The NOSTRICT option (default at OPT(3)) has the
> potential to alter the semantics of a program.  Please refer to
> documentation on the STRICT/NOSTRICT option for more information.

Anyways I have all the executables and tried serial version of mdrun which
turns out to be ok.

I am wondering if anyone working on IBM power4 machine have these kinds of
problems or it went all smoothly when following Fiona's tips.

I'm truly thankful to you all for sharing the information on IBM machine.

Regards,

Sekwan

p.s. Has anyone tried parallel simulation with 'mpiexec' ?