[gmx-users] .xtc file not portable?

Jee E Rim jrim at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 12 20:29:01 CET 2004

Hi,

I am trying to view the trajectory of an mdrun that I did on an SGI Origin. I've moved the .xtc file over to my PC (Windows) to look at it with VMD. Although the .gro files at the beginning and the end of the run looks just fine, in the trajectory frames of the .xtc files, the atoms are all scrambled up in weird positions. The trajectory by the way looks perfectly okay when I view it with ngmx on SGI. Is this an endian issue? But I thought the .xtc file was portable regardless of architecture or endian?

Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jee.