[gmx-users] Gromacs 3.2.1 compilation programs on SGI

Ran Friedman ran at hemi.tau.ac.il
Wed Mar 17 18:55:01 CET 2004

Dear GMX users,

While compiling GMX 3.21 on SGI IRIX, I get errors like the following:

cc-1028 cc: ERROR File = make_edi.c, Line = 489
  The expression used must have a constant value.

      { evStepOptions[evLINACC], FALSE, etSTR, {&evParams[evLINACC]},
        ^

Such errors occur in assignment of values to arrays of the t_pargs pa[]
type.

Is there any way to overcome it? I've tried using CC instead of cc, but
although no error messages appeared during the compilation the same
error messages (see above) reoccurred when I typed "make" so I guess
something's still missing.

Thank you,
Ran.

Ran Friedman
Laser laboratory for fast reactions in biology
Department of biochemistry
Faculty of life sciences
Tel-Aviv university
972-3-6409824