[gmx-users] g_sas

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at vcp.monash.edu.au
Tue Mar 1 23:08:54 CET 2005

>    When I used g_sas -f traj.xtc -s topol.tpr -o area.xvg,I got the output
>file with
>   0    102.4    255.7  124   0  etc which I have no idea of.Can anyone tell

Check the header text of the any text data file generated by GROMACS, it
typically tells you there what each column is.  From memory, for g_sas
(which calculates solvent accessible surface area) it is time, hydrophobic,
hydrophilic, total and enthalpy, or some variation of that.  Check the
header text, it will tell you.

>me what options should be used with g_sas to get the desired temporal
>behavior of lipid.It should be of the order 0.6-0.7.

What do you mean by temporal behaviour?

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Lecturer
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology and Pharmacology
Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at vcp.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9083