[gmx-users] Problem with "configure"; Athlon64_fedora Core3

olivier Walker olivier at hikari.cpe.fr
Tue Mar 8 15:42:49 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to install Gromacs on a "AMD64" machine running fedora core3,
but the configure file generates errors related with fftw (I think)

[root at irai gromacs-3.2.1]# ./configure --disable-float
--enable-type-prefix=/usr/local/include
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
.
.
.
.
.
checking for fseeko... yes
checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
checking for dfftw.h... no
checking for fftw.h... yes
checking for main in -lfftw... no
configure: error: Can't find a library to match the fftw header

I previously installed the rpm package for fftw (being root) and I've to
say I had no problem installing it on other 32 bits machines running
mdk10.0.

Do you have any idea of what I did wrong?

Olivier