[gmx-users] Problem with "configure"; Athlon64_fedora Core3

Florian Haberl Florian.Haberl at chemie.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Mar 8 17:17:45 CET 2005

Hi,

> I'm trying to install Gromacs on a "AMD64" machine running fedora core3,
> but the configure file generates errors related with fftw (I think)
>
> [root at irai gromacs-3.2.1]# ./configure --disable-float
> --enable-type-prefix=/usr/local/include
> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> checking for fseeko... yes
> checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
> checking for dfftw.h... no
> checking for fftw.h... yes
> checking for main in -lfftw... no
> configure: error: Can't find a library to match the fftw header
>
> I previously installed the rpm package for fftw (being root) and I've to
> say I had no problem installing it on other 32 bits machines running
> mdk10.0.
>
> Do you have any idea of what I did wrong?

Always best thing:

Compile all on your machine also fftw, maybe rpm paket of fftw is 32 bit and
not 64 bit as gromacs (which identify your cpu as a 64 bit machine) will not
work together

Follow howto on http://www.gromacs.org/installation/prerequisites.php

Greetings,

Florian

 Florian Haberl                            Universitaet Erlangen/
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum    Nuernberg
                                                      Naegelsbachstr. 25
                                                      D-91052 Erlangen
  Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de