[gmx-users] protein wandering away AND binding free energy

David spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Mar 24 19:36:55 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 09:35 -0800, Nancy Deng wrote:
> Thank you very much,  David,  for your quick response and comment, and
> thanks Dallas for your suggestion to use "VMD" and "trjconv" to center
> the protein back into the water box. I would like to try that very
> soon.
>
> I have one more question that from output (.edr, .trr) of a ligand-
> protein complex MD study, may i calculate the binding free energy of
> small ligand???? If possible, what's the command, please???

You can use the LIE approximation (using g_lie) but you need to read
literature about itm, and probably do extra simulations. ALternative is
to use free energy perturbation. See manual.

> Thanks,
>
> nancy

David.
Husargatan 3, Box 596,          75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:  46 18 471 4205          fax: 46 18 511 755
spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se    spoel at gromacs.org   http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~spoel