[gmx-users] Questions regarding the Vacuum forcefield andHistidinecharges

Joanne Hanna J.F.Hanna at warwick.ac.uk
Wed May 4 19:11:33 CEST 2005

Yes that was the question I was aking, so if you only define one hydrogen to be added (hisa, Hisb) the histidine remains neutral, but if you put both on (hish) then it becomes +1. So if you have no strong preference as to whether they should be neutral or positive then is it best to leave this choice to the default where this decision is based on an optimal hydrogen bonding conformation? or should you define the histidines as hish? any advice!

Joanne Hanna
Department of Chemistry
University of Warwick
Coventry
CV4 7AL

J.F.Hanna at warwick.ac.uk
jfhanna at gmail.com
>>> spronk at its.caltech.edu 05/04/05 17:22 PM >>>
Sorry if I didn't understand you correctly, but to get a
positively-charged His you need to put not just a single hydrogen but two
hydrogens on the ring--one on ND1 and one on NE2.

Steve