[gmx-users] Fftw and gromac build

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Wed May 4 19:40:43 CEST 2005

Hi,

On May 4, 2005, at 5:27 PM, Krewson, Tom wrote:

> I have still not been able to get gromacs to work in parallel. I
> believe
> that when I link against using the spec file below that Gromacs cannot
> find the lib and include files from fftw.
> I keep getting the message below over and over again but it finally
> goes
> through.
>

> libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libsrfftw_mpi.la' was moved.
> libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libsfftw_mpi.la' was moved.
> libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libsrfftw.la' was moved.
> libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libsfftw.la' was moved.
> libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libsrfftw_mpi.la' was moved.
> libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libsfftw_mpi.la' was moved.
> libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libsrfftw.la' was moved.
> libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libsfftw.la' was moved.

This is just a note that the fftw library files are currently in a
different place from the original build location. You can safely
ignore it.

> I have set the CPPFLAGS (-I/opt/lam/gnu/include) and LDFLAGS
> (-L/opt/lam/gnu/lib) to point to the lam libraries and fftw seems
> to go
> without a problem. But I don't know where the lib and include files
> are
> for fftw for the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS. Am I anywhere near home base or
> just way off here?

On linux it's usually in /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib, which should be
searched automatically. Judging from the warnings above, it seems as
if they were found.

Do you get an error message at the end of the rpmbuild stage? If not,
check if you have the rpm files in a subdirectory (i forgot the name,
but it's somewhere under rpm in the current one).

Cheers,

Erik