[gmx-users] Atom Types, grompp problem!!

Una Bjarnadottir una.bjarnadottir at ucd.ie
Wed May 11 12:47:39 CEST 2005

Hi all,

David thanks for your respone!!
I changed the files like you said but than grompp complained about next
new atom type in the ATP complex, CS1.  I added in 9 of the 47 atom
types to the .atp file in share/gromacs/top dir and I'm wandering if
they have all been replaced like OS to OA and where I could find
information about the new names if grompp will complain about the rest?

These are the types I had to add in the .atp file;
   OA (OS)  15.99940 ;     sugar or ester oxygen
  CS1  13.01900 ;     sugar CH-group
   HO  1.00800  ;     hydroxyl hydrogen
 NR5*  14.00670 ;     aromatic N (5-ring, 3 bonds)
 CR51  13.01900 ;     aromatic CH-group (5-ring), united
  NR5  14.00670 ;     aromatic N (5-ring, 2 bonds)
   CB  12.01100 ;     bare carbon (5-, 6-ring)
  NR6  14.00670 ;     aromatic N (6-ring, 2 bonds)
CR61  13.01900 ;     aromatic CH-group (6-ring), united

All my best to you, Una

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 17:37 +0100, Una Bjarnadottir wrote:

>> Hi David,
>>
>> Thank you for your advise, I have been checking it out how to modify the
>> ffG43a1nb.itp file.  Could you be a little bit more specific how I would
>> modify it.
>> I'm not sure how to get the c6 and c12 values for the [atomtypes] and
>> from my understanding I will get the c6 and c12 values for the
>> [nonbond_params] and the [pairtypes] by using  these equation you gave
>> (http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2001-October/000124.html);
>> c6[i][j] = sqrt (c6[i][i] * c6[j][j]) and
>> c12[i][j] = sqrt (c12[i][i] * c12 [j][j])
>> to get the c6 and c12 values in the .itp file.  But I don't have a clue
>> on how to get the c6 and c12 values for the [atomtypes] anyway.  Is
>> there a easy way to do it, could I find the values somewhere or could I
>> use some of the files the PRODRG2 server generated and use them.  Also
>> like it says in the manual p90 there is given a equation with the sigma
>> and epsilon values, how would I get these values for my atom-types.
>> Gromacs must have some files about these types because they are all on
>> the list for different atom types which GROMACS uses!

problem is that prodrg generates gromos87 force field while the new
gromos 96 is slightly different. The OS (sugar oxygen) has been replaced
by another oxygen (OA). If you modify your prodrg topology accordingly
it should work. Check the *.atp files in  your share/top dir.

>> Thank you in advance to anybody who could help me, Una
>>
>> David wrote:

>> ffG43a1nb.itp
>> vanderwaals parameters and atom type definition.

-- David.
Dept. of Cell and Molecular Biology, Uppsala University. Husargatan 3,
Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden phone: 46 18 471 4205 fax: 46 18 511 755
spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se spoel at gromacs.org http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~spoel