[gmx-users] trjconv stops abruptly

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Tue May 10 21:55:14 CEST 2005

Ashish Gupta wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I am having a strange problem with trjconv command. I give the following
> command to convert traj.trr to a gro file
> trjconv -s refine.tpr -f traj.trr -o refine.gro
> then I select the group number, the coordinates of which I want to extract
> to gro file. Is there any reason for trjconv to stop at some frame before
> the last saved frame in the traj.trr file ? In my case, it stops at some
> frame in the middle of the trajectory.
> I checked my disk space but that doesn't seem to be the problem and
> trjconv does not report any error.
> I shall highly appreciate any insight in this regard

Here it comes ;-)

In the trjconv command you write above, you will write *all* frames from
your trr to your .gro file. This may not be what you want, and can
generate a *huge* .gro file. Possibly, writing to the .gro file stops
when it reaches the common '2Gb' limit.

--
Groetjes,

Anton

* NOTE: New Phone & Fax numbers (below) *

| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 59 87608 - Fax: +31 20 59 87610           |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |