[gmx-users] Grompp error

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Wed May 11 13:35:32 CEST 2005

Andrea Carotti wrote:

>> I've been trying to find correlation between the
>> ligand and some residues of the protein.
>> Then, I did the indexfile with them.
>> But when I try to run grompp with the md.mdp,
>> gromacs give me the follow error:  Fatal error:
>> Not enough ref_t and tau_t values!
>
> Dear Monique, probaly there is a problem in your md.mdp file.
> in the section where you define the weak coupling, must be present all
> the groups of your system.
> Look at this example
> ; OPTIONS FOR WEAK COUPLING ALGORITHMS
> ; Temperature coupling
> Tcoupl                   = yes
> ; Groups to couple separately
> tc_grps                  = Protein SOL NA+
> ; Time constant (ps) and reference temperature (K)
> tau_t                    = 0.1 0.1 0.1
> ref_t                    = 300 300 300
>
> As you can see, this a system made of a protein, water and an Na+ ion.
> Now you must define it to match you system, (a look at the groups in
> your index file will help you)

Please note, that in general it is not necessary to couple water (SOL)
and solvated ions (NA+) separately. Depending on how many ions there
are, and their distribution over the box, it may even lead to artefacts.

--
Groetjes,

Anton

* NOTE: New Phone & Fax numbers (below) *

| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 59 87608 - Fax: +31 20 59 87610           |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |