[gmx-users] Discrepancy between Free Energy Perturbation usingGromos96 and OPLS

Sandeep Somani ssomani at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Tue Oct 4 11:56:33 CEST 2005

Adding to that, as per David's suggestion, I installed gmx3.3_rc3 and
ran the same simulation again.

The values are still similar i.e. ~ -30kJ/mol for Gromos96 and <
-300kJ/mol for OPLS.

I tried again with PME too .. still the OPLS values are much lower than
Gromos.

am quite clueless now ! ill be happy to provide the input files if
anyone wants to probe further ..

Regards
Sandeep