[gmx-users] ChelpG charge or MK charge?

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Fri Oct 14 23:15:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

You'll be fine with MK.

Formally OPLS-AA/L is derived with chelpg, but the differences are
quite small (Gromos96 has empiric charges). If you want to be really
picky, the most accurate option is to output the electrostatic
potential on a grid and then use the RESP program for separate
fitting in two steps, but it's probably not worth it in this case.

Cheers,

Erik