[gmx-users] separating bilayer leaflets - POPC vs. DMPC and DPPC

Louic Vermeer science at louic.nl
Mon Sep 12 10:59:33 CEST 2005

Hi everybody!

I think I (finally :-) solved the problem with the popc bilayers
separating. The clue appeared to be in Andrey Golovin's answer (thanks
again Andrey!).
It looks like the water density in the popc file from Dr. Tieleman's
website is lower than the water densities in his dppc and dmpc files
(contrary to my previous message, sorry). After removing all the water
from the popc128a.pdb file, rehydrating (genbox), and removing the water
it placed inside the bilayer, the leaflets did not separate anymore.

For those who are interested, I put some data from g_density on my
website: http://www.louic.nl/temp/bilayers.png (it will stay there for a
couple of weeks).

Thanks everybody for your cooperation!
Louic