[gmx-users] Re: Help with minim.mdp

MGiò magiofer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 10:42:08 CEST 2005

On 9/23/05, Fernando Mattio <mattiofer at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Dear Gromacs user,
>
> I am trying to learn how to use gromacs to perform simulations, and am just
> getting started on this... I am following the "Introduction to Molecular
> Dynamics" course, in the web site
> http://md.chem.rug.nl/education/mdcourse2004/index2.html
> I am having problems in the Step 2 (Energy Minimization) of the example, I
> just don´t know how to create the minim.mdp file on my computer! Where I
> can
> get this file??

on the page where the point 2 is explained you can download a
minim.mdp example. Anyhow it is a simple text file that you can
compose with the functions that you wish to use, you can find the
correct syntax on the GROMACS manual in the section 7: "run parameters
and programs".

> It would be great if anyone could help me with this...
> Thanks in advance!
> Fernando.

good luck!

yours sincerely,