[gmx-users] [quick question on workshop and membrane]

spitaleri.andrea at hsr.it spitaleri.andrea at hsr.it
Fri Sep 23 11:03:06 CEST 2005

Apologies if you get this email twice (problem with the server):

Hi there,
this is my first queries on the mailing list.
First:
is there any planned workshop on molecular dynamics/bionformatic?
Second:
I am running gromacs on protein-membrane interaction. The steps for the
MD are:
em for the protein in water -> lie the protein on the membrane and run
em and then md.
grompp leads to a warning about system charged +5. I use genion to
neutralise them (considering the solvent in the option) but
it yields to the system charged +2.5e-5, very small but still charged.
Is it normal? Do you suggest to neutralise first the protein and then
add it to the membrane?
Any suggestion are very welcome,
thanks

Regards