[gmx-users] pdb2gmx --- fatal error- .gro file not created

Alan Dodd anoddlad at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 16:24:48 CEST 2005

Residue 38 is probably a C-terminal amidation, and
should not have a C in it anyways.  I had the same
problem with my peptide...  use the option -inter, or
-ter (specifying none at the interactive prompt for
the c-terminus), to see if you can persuade gromacs to
realise it's just a terminal residue.  If that doesn't
work, you may need to tinker with the terminus files
in share/top.  Make sure you examine any .gro file
produced to be sure there's still the amidation there.