[gmx-users] mpich/share/machines file for dual processor machine

Jeroen Mesters mesters at biochem.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Sep 29 17:35:29 CEST 2005

Hi David,

1) during the make step it used *mpicc* instead of normal cc. The latter
compiler was used when I left out the --enable-mpi. So, I think it is
really compiled for mpi??!? See also my comments further below.
2) I used either *mpirun -np 2 mdrun_mpi -s new.trp* or *mpirun -np 2
mdrun_mpi -s new.trp -np 2* and both produce the same first line in the
md.log file.
3) Installing from the gromacs home page lamxxx.rpm and fftwxxx.rpms
does not work properly on SuSE linux 9.2. Complains about

So my question is again, where does mdrun_mpi get the nnodes=1
information from?
And, does anybody have an example of a machines file for dual processor!?

De groeten uit Luebeck! (Dutch for greetings from Luebeck!), Jeroen