[gmx-users] mpich/share/machines file for dual processor machine

Omololu Akin-Ojo prayerz4users at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 17:57:29 CEST 2005

Hi again,

i also use mpich (in my case i
use/opt/mpich.gcc/bin/mpirun). i have a file called
"mach" that contains the IP address of my dual
processor machine twice. It's content is:
172.16.100.1
172.16.100.1

(it would be different for you.
you can ping your machine -- from the same machine--to
get your address.)

then i just do:
mpirun -np 2 -machinefile mach
~/GROMACS/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/mdrun -s
temp2.tpr -np 2 -v >&Uit1

and this works for me. Notice that i had to specify
the full path of my mdrun (in your case, mdrun_mpi)
command. Notice also how i included the file "mach".

o.

--- Jeroen Mesters <mesters at biochem.uni-luebeck.de>