[gmx-users] GROMACS 3.3.1 installation on SGI (Irix): 2

Akshay Patny akshay17 at olemiss.edu
Mon Apr 17 22:32:25 CEST 2006

Hi
Hi ALl

I read through some of the e-mails of B. Nataraj and Erik Lindahl for
similar problem on compiling of GROMACS 3.3.1 on SGI IRIX.

As my error also pointed to a problem in "gmx_fft_fftw3.c", I replaced the
'void' with 'char' in the line 150 of the file, as suggested.

I got the errors exactly the same as B. Nataraj got after doing this
modification, which is listed at
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2006-April/020969.html

The same error is given below. I could not understand how to fix this error
and run GROMACS successfully.

Dr. Erik Lindahl wrote that: "As far as I can see that file is perfectly
valid ANSI C - there is no executable statement in the declaration section."

However, I still do not know how to fix this?

Please help.

Regards
Akshay

Error is given below:

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1031
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    static real core_frac=0.5 ;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1032
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    t_pargs pa[] = {
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1073
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    FILE       *log;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1074
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    int        natoms,nlist,naa,idum,nbin;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1075
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    t_atoms    atoms;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1076
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    rvec       *x;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1077
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    matrix     box;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1078
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    char       title[256],grpname[256];
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1079
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    t_dlist    *dlist;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1080
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    char       **aa;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1081
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    bool       bChi,bCorr,bSSHisto;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1082
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    bool       bDo_rt, bDo_oh, bDo_ot, bDo_jc ;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1083
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    real       dt=0, traj_t_ns;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1085
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    atom_id    isize,*index;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1086
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    int        ndih,nactdih,nf;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1087
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    real       **dih,*trans_frac,*aver_angle,*time;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1088
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    int        i,j,**chi_lookup,*xity;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1090
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    t_filenm  fnm[] = {
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1106
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    int     npargs;
    ^

cc-1241 cc: ERROR File = gmx_chi.c, Line = 1107
  A declaration cannot appear after an executable statement in a block.

    t_pargs *ppa;
    ^

20 errors detected in the compilation of "gmx_chi.c".
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1
______

Akshay Patny

Graduate Research Assistant
Faser Hall 417, Department of Medicinal Chemistry
Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of Mississippi
University, MS 38677
E-mail: akshay17 at olemiss.edu
Tel: 662-915-1286 (office); Web: www.olemiss.edu