[gmx-users] Compile Gromacs for Blue Gene/L

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Tue Apr 10 12:45:35 CEST 2007

Hi Eric,

I think you'll be _very_ happy with Gromacs4, or the current CVS
version if you want to test that :-)

One problem is that "relative scaling" is a rather pointless measure,
since it will be better the slower the code is on a single CPU (less
time spent in communication). Our parallelization goal is rather been
to get the highest possible absolute performance on any given number
of nodes.

 From what I've seen, I still think Blue Matter might show better
relative scaling when you use several thousand of nodes for small
systems, but Gromacs4 will beat that absolute performance using a
(significantly) smaller number of nodes.

Cheers,

Erik