[gmx-users] calculating properties of polyaromatics using gromacs

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:14:04 CEST 2007

Hi Fredrik,

Basically, you don't (you can't in any case run it on something not in
the database). pdb2gmx is designed to build topologies for
proteins/dna. There are some more building blocks, and you can add
your own, if required. If you mean polyaromatic in terms of a polymer
of an aromatic building block, you may want to add these blocks to the
appropriate .rtp file to make life easier on you. However, your
biggest problem seems to be to obtain good topologies for your
building blocks in the first place. I'm not sure whether these (e.g.
aniline) are available in GROMOS by default.

Best,

Tsjerk

--
Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.