[gmx-users] soft-core potential in combination with PME (sorry, again)

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:42:42 CEST 2007

I don't know about Anwars paper.
But I can say that their is no fundamental difference between PME
and RF with soft-core. With the GROMACS setup they converge
to exactly the same energies at any lambda value when you increase the RF
cut-off.

I don't understand what David Mobley meant exactly.
There is no Coulomb singularity with soft-core.
Maybe one could have an unfortunate situation where the LJ
is already very soft, but the Coulomb not very soft,
which could lead to instabilities.
But I have never encountered this.

Berk.