[gmx-users] building lipid bilayer

naga raju nagaraju_cy at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 24 13:53:00 CEST 2007

Dear gmx users,
               I am trying to build DOPC lipid bilayer
using genconf command. The head groups in bilayer are
not coming in horizontal position. i.e all head groups
are coming like as slop.
here i am giving commands and options used to build a
bilayer:
editconf -f dopc_min.pdb -o dopc_min-cen.pdb -box 1 3
1 -d 1 -c 1
genconf -f dopc_min-cen.pdb -o dopc_layer.pdb -nbox 6
6 1 -nmolat 53

 Can anyone give me the detail procedure for creating
lipid bilayer. Any suggestions is appreciated.
                   Thanks in advance,
                                   with best regards,
                                    Nagaraja Mulpuri.