[gmx-users] RMSD of the same protein in different solvent boxes

Florian Haberl Florian.Haberl at chemie.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Feb 5 11:31:27 CET 2007

hi,

On Monday, 5. February 2007 11:13, Afonso Duarte wrote:
> Hi to All,
>
> I have some simulations of the same protein in different solvents, with
> different number of atoms for each (different solvent number of atoms). I
> would like to calculate a rmsd matrix to compar the backbone of the
> different sims.
>
> I have tried g_rms with the -f2 option to include the second trajectory,
> however it finishes with a fatal error because teh number of total atoms is
> different in both trajectories.
>
> Does anybody know how to solve this question? Is it possible to produce the
> rmsd matrix in a different way?

reduce both simulations to matching atomsize, e.g. for both simulations:
make_ndx (only backbone atoms)

trjconv ..

g_rms

> Thanks in advance
>
> Afonso

> Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
> http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

greetings,

Florian

 Florian Haberl
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum
 Universitaet Erlangen/ Nuernberg
 Naegelsbachstr 25
 D-91052 Erlangen
 Telephone:  	+49(0) − 9131 − 85 26581
 Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de