[gmx-users] lesstif compile

Martin Höfling martin.hoefling at gmx.de
Thu Feb 8 14:49:56 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, 8. Februar 2007 schrieb 李睿:

> I am a novice.

Welcome aboard!

> I learn from posts that ngmx requires Motif,  so I want install the
> lesstif. However, When I begin to ./configure, it warns "The development
> package of the X window system is required to compile lesstif must be at
> least X11 r5". What's wrong with it? What should I do?

OK, first tell us more about your system. If your're using linux, you probably
need to install xorg or xfree86 (X11) development packages. Under MacOX
there's a X11 sdk if i remember correctly.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend ngmx for intense use. I use VMD and PyMol.
Pymol compiled with vmd plugins supports gromacs trajectory formats very
well.

Cheers
	Martin

deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Benjamin Franklin)