[gmx-users] lesstif compile

Avell Diroll avelldiroll at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 8 15:07:08 CET 2007

李睿 wrote:

> I learn from posts that ngmx requires Motif,  so I want install the lesstif.
> However, When I begin to ./configure, it warns "The development package of the X
> window system is required to compile lesstif must be at least X11 r5". What's
> wrong with it? What should I do?

You should provide the platform on which you want to compile lesstif
(Linux Disbrution / BSD / Cygwin ?).
Chances are that lesstif will be available in the packaging system of
your platform and that it won't be necessary for you to compile it.

Anyway, my gess is that the configure script of lesstif does not find
the X11 headers on your platform, you might want to install the "dev"
packages of your X11 implementation.

Learning more about compiling C/C++ with autotools might be a good idea
and is definitely not a waste of time.
http://users.actcom.co.il/~choo/lupg/tutorials/index.html
http://vindaci.members.sonic.net/cbreak/projects/autotools/01-intro.php3

Cheers
HIH

Avell

--
I never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    - Mark Twain