[gmx-users] problem still lies regarding dssp

Naser, Md Abu mn2 at hw.ac.uk
Fri Feb 9 12:04:16 CET 2007

Hi Sangeeta,

Let me ask you few questions in order to solve the problem.

Are you sure your do_dssp prog were running or it was hanged?
To make sure please try using verbose output using -v option.

Is your computer shared among too many people?

What is the file permission status of dssp?

To find out use: ls -l /directory/where/you/put/dssp

If you see any restricton to file permission change it to

chmod a+rx dssp

Hope this will help.

Abu Naser

School Of Life Sciences