[gmx-users] Installation/compilation problem ---v3.3.1

Patrick Fuchs Patrick.Fuchs at ebgm.jussieu.fr
Sat Jun 23 06:28:57 CEST 2007

Hi,
in addition to Mark's remarks, I suggest you to read this recent thread
we had about fluctuations in dg/dl:
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2007-May/027237.html
Some very useful answers pointed out that there are problems of
convergence and you need *a lot of sampling* to find the same average
from one block to the other, even if they are 1ns long. You also might
need a thorough error analysis of your simulation (follow the thread
mentioned above). One good way to check if everything works fine in your
installation would be to try reproducing some published values of free
energy of hydration on simple molecules.
Cheers,

Patrick