[gmx-users] OpenMosix and Gromacs

Sabuj Pattanayek sabuj.pattanayek at vanderbilt.edu
Sat Jun 30 00:18:03 CEST 2007

My 0.02. Based on one of Moshe Bar's OpenMosix papers, Mosix increases
the performance of MPI processes by load balancing. However I would have
to say that this only works for compute bound processes. If there's
going to be lots of I/O between nodes Mosix won't do so well and may
very well degrade performance.

Did you run any benchmarks of NAMD + its parallel (CHARM?)
implementation vs NAMD + CHARM + Mosix? Does it help? Last I checked the
Mosix userland tools and some other key functionality still don't work
for 2.6 linux kernels.