[gmx-users] OpenMosix and Gromacs

Nicolas Sapay nsapay at ucalgary.ca
Sat Jun 30 01:22:27 CEST 2007

Actually, I have used OpenMosix some time ago in a another life :) All I
remember is that NAMD was performing reasonably well as far as you
didn't ask it to write coordinates every frames. It was handy to
minimize/equilibrate a system or do some small computation like pressure
profile. As far as I remember, I was able to compute something like 0.8
ns/day on 10 proc for a system of 30~20000 atoms.

Nico