[gmx-users] GROMACS Wiki

Moore, Jonathan (J) JMoore2 at dow.com
Wed May 2 20:15:04 CEST 2007

The email list, manual, etc. are good source material...but I think there will be added value in the wiki, even for answering specific questions.  For example, for questions about complex topics like free energy, integration algorithms, parallel scaling, etc., it is rare that any single email message contains a complete answer (and it can be tedious trying to find all of the info and you're never sure that you didn't miss something important in that one email that you somehow overlooked).  If nothing else, I think it would be very helpful for the wiki to include an executive summary/bottom line answer about common questions as well as providing links to relevant mailing list threads, manual sections, etc. (as well as additional discussion).  The email list contains a ton of info, but it is scattered, disorganized, etc.  The manual has lots of info, but can't answer every question.  The wiki can be a common starting point with additional discussion as well as links to the rele
 vant info in the manual, mailing list, journals, etc.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jonathan Moore, Ph.D.
Research and Engineering Sciences - New Products
Core R&D
The Dow Chemical Company
1702 Building, Office 300E
Midland, MI 48674  USA