[gmx-users] carbon atom not found by pdb2gmx and modification of specbond.dat

Nicolas Sapay nsapay at ucalgary.ca
Tue May 15 00:50:20 CEST 2007

Thnaks for your answer,

I have solved the problem with the lacking CD1 atom. There was a weid
end of line the line jus before. But pdb2gmx is still unable to link
correctly the ZN2 residue with the 4 CYS. The distance between SG and ZN
atoms are computed correctly (I have the bon lenght to 0.25 nm) and
SG-ZN bonds has been introduced in the topology file.  However, pdb2gmx
also introduces bonds between the ZN and CB, HB1, HB2 atoms of the 4
Cys, though theses distances don't appear in the distance matrix. I have
modified specbond.dat as following :

    CYS     SG      1       ZN2     ZN      1       0.2     CYSZ    ZN2
    (previsously : CYS     SG      1       ZN2     ZN      4
    0.2     CYSZ    ZN2)

Supposing that "4" means "create 4 bond with", but nothing change. Any
suggestion are welcomed!

Thanks

Nicolas

--
[ Nicolas SAPAY, Ph.D. ]
University of Calgary, Dept. of Biological Sciences